Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Personal Rant #1


Ok, this is not an email. This is a personal rant.

I am sick; I've got a cold and I can't breathe. Since I can't breathe I cant sleep. It's a dirty game, but whatever.

Well, I'm slowly getting better, no thanks to eckerds. Stupid eckerds made me sign some stupid book before she'd sell me freakin advil cold and sinus!

Ok, a better explanation: the tylenol cold/allergy stuff that I always get & that I really wanted to get is no longer on the aisle, you have to wait through a 30 person line in the pharmacy. So I decided to get something that WAS on the aisle that looked just as good.

I waited in the other huge line, not at the pharmacy, at the front register, and I was still forced to sign this little book. It wanted my name, address, phone number and the number of milligrams of something in the medicine I was buying. Then there was a checkbox that was basically swearing I wasn't going to try to (I don't even know how someone could!!)
dis-assemble the pills and make god-knows-what-drug out of it.

Of course, none of this was explained to me by the very helpful cashier girl. So I asked her "what am I signing?" she turned and finally found anote book and read me some canned statement about how it contained "insert-latinish-medicine-word-here" and some folks abuse it.

I turned to the folks in line behind me who were getting irritated because my purchase took so long and was like "I'm sick, I have no idea why I have to sign this book. I just want some freakin cold medicine"

did you ever watch seinfeld? I felt like jerry that time at the airport when the metal detector kept going off for him and he turned as was like "people, I implore you".

do they do that crazy mess other states I have never seen it anywhere in Georgia until yesterday.

but, ok, the picture here is of the medicine I bought. It's really good! It cleared my nose up in about 2 days. I highly recommend it :)

No comments: